Home
Services Offered
Payment Details
My Services
Contact Us
Market Heatmap
Charts
Charts (Premium)
Chart Watch
JCharts (EOD)
JCharts(EOD-COMM)
HCharts (EOD)
HCharts (EOD-COMM)
Forum
Stock Lists
Screener (EOD)
Screener (EOD-Comm)
Breadth Charts
Calculators
Education
Links
FAQs
Search
Advertise Here
Charts (Old)
Login Form





Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
  iCharts Discussions

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Query on Stochastic Crossover

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Query on Stochastic Crossover
SnoopTrade
White Belt
White Belt


Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 56

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Query on Stochastic Crossover Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know how to script Crossover for Stochastic Oscillator in Platinum charts?

Best Regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt


Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Posts: 2889

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick: I found Platinum too complicated and went back to Premium.
But I can tell you one thing. Try STS (Stochastic) 12,3,5 in conjunction with DMI/ADX (I use 10,10) and PARSAR: when all 3 agree, it is a powerful signal. (Time frame can be of your choosing but you can start with 5min TF and shuffle up & down till you find a level that is agreeable to you)
Prakash Holla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnoopTrade
White Belt
White Belt


Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 56

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Prakash for the reply. I will definitely check your recommendation for this.

Even I was on Premium till very recently. I used SlowSto in Premium with 2hr-4hr tf for SWING.

You may find it very novice of me, but I do not understand DMI/ADX properly till now after so many years.

I do use PARSAR but not very frequently.

Through PLATINUM scanner, I wanted to find out crossover for Stochastic Oscillator. But as you said, finding it difficult to put my thought into script. I will fiddle with it till next subscription. Lets see if I can come up with something.

Thanks once again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pkholla
Black Belt
Black Belt


Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Posts: 2889

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick: I am happy that u have responded positively
1 If you find a way to use Stoch crossover in platinum please post it as I am sure we can all benefit
2 We are all novices in share market. I understand even those with 50 years experience can be caught with their pants down by sudden moves!
3 I have found in 5min TF, that PARSAR pointing upwards, DM+ above DM- (AND ADX not peaking yet), and supported by STS then the move is confirmed as bullish (and vice versa for bearish).
4 I look fwd to Admin's reply to your query
Cheers, Prakash Holla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProTrader
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 433

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mave_rick:

Did you read the help file yet? Laughing

Anything new can be complicated as we are so used to what we use everyday. But with little practice we can make it a breeze.

We will try to post on how to do this.

Thx..PT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kamal.icharts
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 576

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Query on Stochastic Crossover Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Please confirm if you want the crossover of %K and %D Line.

Regards

Kamal
mave_rick wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to script Crossover for Stochastic Oscillator in Platinum charts?

Best Regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnoopTrade
White Belt
White Belt


Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 56

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes PT, I did read the PDF that is uploaded on the Help section "Scripting Language for Platinum Charts". Tried few of the suggestion that is posted there like Crossover,etc.

To be honest, I am not script savvy but tried whatever I understood from the file.

ProTrader wrote:
Mave_rick:

Did you read the help file yet? Laughing

Anything new can be complicated as we are so used to what we use everyday. But with little practice we can make it a breeze.

We will try to post on how to do this.

Thx..PT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnoopTrade
White Belt
White Belt


Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 56

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Query on Stochastic Crossover Reply with quote

Yes Kamal. I need to find the crossover of %K and %D.

kamal.icharts wrote:
Dear Member,

Please confirm if you want the crossover of %K and %D Line.

Regards

Kamal
mave_rick wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to script Crossover for Stochastic Oscillator in Platinum charts?

Best Regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kamal.icharts
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 576

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Query on Stochastic Crossover Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Please try the following code. You can change the parameter as per your requirement.

The below code will return the scripts where %K has crossed %D

SET A = SOPK(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
SET B = SOPD(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
CROSSOVER(A,B) = TRUE


The below code will return the scripts where %D has crossed %K

SET A = SOPK(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
SET B = SOPD(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
CROSSOVER(B,A) = TRUE


You can also download the scripting file from http://www.icharts.in/forum/scripting-language-for-platinum-charts-t4375.html. Most of the sample codes have been given over here

You can also mail your queries to support@icharts.in and we will reply you back at the earliest.

Regards

Kamal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnoopTrade
White Belt
White Belt


Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 56

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Query on Stochastic Crossover Reply with quote

Hi,

The script seems to be working fine. I will get back in case I have more query.

One more thing, the link that you provided for download scripting file is not working.

kamal.icharts wrote:
Dear Member,

Please try the following code. You can change the parameter as per your requirement.

The below code will return the scripts where %K has crossed %D

SET A = SOPK(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
SET B = SOPD(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
CROSSOVER(A,B) = TRUE


The below code will return the scripts where %D has crossed %K

SET A = SOPK(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
SET B = SOPD(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
CROSSOVER(B,A) = TRUE


You can also download the scripting file from http://www.icharts.in/forum/scripting-language-for-platinum-charts-t4375.html. Most of the sample codes have been given over here

You can also mail your queries to support@icharts.in and we will reply you back at the earliest.

Regards

Kamal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hemant.icharts
Site Admin


Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 334

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Query on Stochastic Crossover Reply with quote

Dear Member,

Please refer following link for scripting language file link http://www.icharts.in/forum/files/scripting_language_for_platinum_charts_438.pdf

Regards,
Hemant@ iCharts.

mave_rick wrote:
Hi,

The script seems to be working fine. I will get back in case I have more query.

One more thing, the link that you provided for download scripting file is not working.

kamal.icharts wrote:
Dear Member,

Please try the following code. You can change the parameter as per your requirement.

The below code will return the scripts where %K has crossed %D

SET A = SOPK(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
SET B = SOPD(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
CROSSOVER(A,B) = TRUE


The below code will return the scripts where %D has crossed %K

SET A = SOPK(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
SET B = SOPD(9, 3, 9, SIMPLE)
CROSSOVER(B,A) = TRUE


You can also download the scripting file from http://www.icharts.in/forum/scripting-language-for-platinum-charts-t4375.html. Most of the sample codes have been given over here

You can also mail your queries to support@icharts.in and we will reply you back at the earliest.

Regards

Kamal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iCharts Discussions Forum Index -> Scripting All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam